Sunday, April 24, 2011

Internet@tv in Malta

The local samsung agent is saying that Internet@tv is not available in Malta.

Any ideas when Malta will have this service available, or will it be easier to switch to google tv?

Seriously I'm reconsidering complaining to the consumer division etc as Internet@tv is supposed to work!

Reply 1 : Internet@tv in Malta

cweb777,

I can't speak for which widgets will or won't work in different regions. I would recommend contacting the Samsung customer service center in your region.

--HDTech

Reply 2 : Internet@tv in Malta

I did contact the centre and the response was that they were not aware it would ever become available in Malta!

NO WIDGETS work in Malta and they will NEVER WORK. Shame.

Shame on samsung. I will not buy a tv set from Samsung with these features as it would be just a waste of money.

On the other hand, I'm happy that Google is having its own Google tv (hopefully NOT REGION restricted) and I will happily buy a tv set supporting this instead.

Reply 3 : Internet@tv in Malta

Cweb77, If you bought the TV from a dealer who said this service was available, then you're due a refund. However, many users have found it easier just to change the country in the "Plug'n'play" set-up. I should think this might change the menu language as well, so choose with care. Also, choose only a country within the region supported by your TV.
http://connectedtv.yahoo.com/partners/samsung
shows the countries supported, if you click the link at the bottom of the page.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/samygo/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=307&p2310
gives a list of widgets supported by (some) countries.

Reply 4 : Internet@tv in Malta

Hi, I am in Malta and have the 40C6500 tv, some of the widgets work like accu weather and daily motion, but facebook, twitter, youtube and picasa they all fail. I think these are blocked from the ISP.

No comments:

Post a Comment