Saturday, March 19, 2011

ASUS K50ID & Windows 7 = Random freezes

Hello.

I have a problem with my ASUS K50ID notebook with Windows 7 Professional x64 installed. The thing is that sometimes (no pattern, completely random) the system freezes and HDD led lights on, but there's no sound like when disk is working . After 10 seconds everything is back ok.

Looks like it's Windows 7 related - I haven't experienced such behavior on other OS, like XP or FreeBSD. Reinstalled "7" multiple times, tried 32-bit edition too, and still nothing.

CPU and GPU aren't overheating, and the HDD is fine - recently I replaced it with brand new Hitachi Deskstar 7k500, but freezing still occurs.



Does anybody know what is going on?



Best regards.

1 comment:

  1. There is tool named as Digeus Registry Fixer I use it when there are problems with windows system. I also recommend to use Windsty Tune Up Suite. It has Regisry Cleaner, Junk Files Cleaner, Registry Defragmenter, Duplicate Files Finder, Disk Space Analyzer, Smart Uninstaller, Service Manager, Startup Manager and many other tools.

    ReplyDelete