Tuesday, March 22, 2011

LED buttons and power indicator dead on LN46A950

Hello!

I've had my LN46A950 TV for about a year now, and I love it. The other day I noticed that the red power LED on the lower right of the front bezel was staying on even when the TV was on...it used to only stay on when the set was turned off. I also noticed that the LED backlights behind the touch-sensitive "buttons" on the front bezel had stopped working. The buttons still work, and the set even beeps when you press them, but the backlights don't turn on so it's extremely difficult to see what you're pressing even in daylight.

I tried un-plugging the set for a few hours. When I plugged it back in the red power LED doesn't work anymore either! Looks like all of the lights in the bezel have stopped working.

Anyone seen this before? Is there a fix? There's an 18-month warranty on the set, so it should be covered by Samsung, but if there's a fix out there I'd rather just deal with it myself.

Reply 1 : LED buttons and power indicator dead on LN46A950

dex1701,

I haven't seen this before, but not to say that indicates anything other than personal observation.

I'd really recommend thatif your set is still under warranty, have a technician come out an inspect the unit. You can also call 800-SAMSUNG or fill out the online service request form here:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/online/supportOnlineServiceRequest.do

--HDTech

Reply 2 : LED buttons and power indicator dead on LN46A950

Ok, so the issue with the button panel went away on its own, so I never called anyone about it. Now the issue has returned. The buttons all work fine, but the illumination of the buttons is now erratic. Sometimes the red light will be on when the TV is on (it's only supposed to be on when the set is off)...sometimes it never comes on at all...sometimes it stays on all-the-time. Same story with the function buttons on the bezel. Sometimes one or two will illuminate and stay on while the others stay off. Sometimes one to three of them will stay on all the time even when the set it turned off.

It's like they just have a mind of their own now. I've tried un-plugging the set for several hours and it doesn't help. Is there any way to somehow reset the internal software in the TV? I'm no longer under warranty...is there anyone I could contact for help at all at this point without dropping hundreds of dollars on a visit by a tech?

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment