Thursday, March 17, 2011

BD 5500 and WD TV Live Hub

I am trying to play mkv video on my 5500 via networked WD TV Live hub. The hub is in another room, but on my network. When viewing the hub from the 5500, I can see the files fine, but the mkv type won't play.

The very same file file will play if it is loaded on USB and played directly from the 5500. xvid/divx files play fine when done through the networked hub.

Any thoughts?

Jason

Reply 1 : BD 5500 and WD TV Live Hub

Be sure to look inside the MKV to check how the video is encoded then see if that is in your BD 5500's manual.
Bob

Reply 2 : BD 5500 and WD TV Live Hub

The file is supported. It plays fine when loaded on a USB drive and plugged into the player. Only run into problems over dnla. I read another thread that had similar issues. Only fix was to use servioo as a dnla server and use the original firmware. Twonky is what's loaded on the wd live, and no way to change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment