Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cf 51: are LCD displays interchangeable ?

Will an LCD display from one Cf 51 model fit any other Cf 51, ie, will LCD from a Mk2 1.73 motherboard plug into Mk3 duo motherboard?

Reply 1 : Cf 51: are LCD displays interchangeable ?

The duos use a different cable. You should also verify the same resolution. I am not sure if the UXGA and the XGA use the same connector on the LCD itself or not. I (think) they do(no guarantee). They did on a CF 50 I worked on. Swapped a UXGA LCD for a busted XGA with no problems. The laptop just used the highest common resolution.

The difference in the cable is the single core units have separate connectors on the motherboard for the LCD and for the inverter. The duo core units have 1 connector on the motherboard combining the LCD and the inverter. The lid itself is the same. As matter of fact the lid from a cf 50 will physically bolt on. With some minor creative wiring I could put the lid assembly and LCD from a CF50 on a single core CF51.

One day if I run out of projects, I am going to take a single core or a CF50 LCD/lid assembly and wire a duo core connector on it. I have the parts here, I am just busy right now.

One seller on fleabay has a duo core cable for sale for 25.00 or something like that. Last time I searched anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment