Friday, March 18, 2011

Wireless Router Issues: Skype Works but not the internet

We just switched from Charter Internet to Bellsouth DSL. We have a Motorola modem from them and our own Linksys Wireless N router. We used this with Charter and we had our PC and laptop. The cable goes from the modem to the wireless router and runs to the PC and transmits to the laptop. This worked fine before but since the switch to DSL we cannot get internet access on the PC or the laptop. If I plug the cable directly into the laptop or the PC, then I can get internet. Here's the funky thing...if I have the wireless network set up I can get Skype still. I've read already online why, but have not had any answers on how to solve this problem.

If anyone can help let me know! I'll prove any Info needed...I'll include the home PC IP Confic and the laptop's too if that would help. Just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment